Eglise Saint Eustache Cathedral In Paris
Eglise Saint Eustache is located in the 1st Arrondissement of Paris and when originally
built was a church dedicated to Saint Agnes.
However, back in the 16th Century the mayor of Paris,
Jean de la Barre, decided that the town square needed to be enlarged and therefore in 1532
work started on Saint Eustache to turn it into a cathedral, yet was stopped during the
Religious wars and work did not re-start again until the year 1624 and it was finally
completed in the year 1637.